Capital Vox News:
• Bodies, Blood & Blues!!! Fundraiser event features a preview performance of "Deathtrap", then live music with Brian Browne and Elise Letourneau, along with refreshments, cash bar, and silent auction. Your chance to support Capital Vox Jazz Choir, Ottawa Little Theatre, and Vox Eclectica Women's Chamber Choir all at once.
March 17, 2013 at 2 PM. Tickets here.
• Capital Vox can't wait for its first CD recording, "Capital Vox Sings Elise Letourneau", to arrive. Official release date is November 27, 2012.
• Elise Letourneau's "Four Love Poems by E.E. Cummings" is being premiered in January 2013 by Jon Washburn and the Vancouver Chamber Choir. Miles Black, piano; Jodi Proznick, bass; Joel Fountain, drums.
• Elise Letourneau has been named an Associate Composer of the Canadian Music Centre.
• Elise Letourneau's "Peace Prayer" has been chosen as the winning entry in the 2012 ACCC Competition for Choral Writing. It is slated for publication with Cypress Choral Music and will be performed by the National Youth Choir in May 2012 under the direction of Ivars Taurins.
• Elise Letourneau's "Ave Maria" has been chosen as the winning entry in the 2011 Ruth Watson Henderson Choral Composition Competition. It will be presented in May 2012 by the Toronto Children's Chorus under the direction of Elise Bradley.
• Hooray! We have received a City of Ottawa grant in support of our proposal to record a CD.
• Capital Vox Jazz Choir wishes Natalie Prest (alto alumna) all the best in her music studies at Humber College. Congratulations Natalie!
• Elise Letourneau has been chosen as a speaker for Podium 2012, the national choral symposium presented by the Association of Canadian Choral Communities and Choirs Ontario.
• Elise Letourneau is one of three composers selected by Jon Washburn to have a piece workshopped by the Vancouver Chamber Choir at the Winnipeg session of Interplay 2011.
Our CD has arrived:
Capital Vox is proud to have released its first CD! Capital Vox Sings Elise Letourneau was released on November 27, and we had a blast at our Duke Ellington/CD release concert. The CD is getting some nice feedback from both jazz and classical corners of the world. You can read it HERE and purchase your copy HERE.
This season's programmes:
An Evening of Duke Ellington, Friday November 30, 2012
Also the CD release of "Capital Vox Sings Elise Letourneau".
The Love Concert, Saturday February 16, 2013
An evening of music celebrating love, passion, and heartbreak.
Jazz à la française, Saturday April 27, 2013
Vocal jazz with Parisian and Québecois ties. Special guest vocalist Nicole Ratté.
To everyone who has attended a concert, taken a programme ad, volunteered an hour, given us good advice, and otherwise pitched in to help us make things work out.
BODIES, BLOOD & BLUES
fundraising event March 17
our next concert April 27
A note from the music director - Elise Letourneau
Dear Friends of Capital Vox Jazz Choir–
It is with tremendous pleasure that I invite you to the Capital Vox Jazz Choir's 6th Concert Season.
We offer you jazz and contemporary choral music at its best - from the lush harmony of Bill Evans and the elegance and texture of Duke Ellington, to the irresistible rhythms from Blues to Big Band to Bebop to Brazilian; classic standards as well as songs that are destined to become standards, the excitement of new music, the immediacy of poetry and the spoken word, and the rich tapestry that is vocal jazz.
Let us bring vocal jazz into your life - come and join us for another groovin' season celebrating the universal voice and the current sounds of choral music.